The Kiwanis Club:
Young and old, our beneficiaries say, “Thanks!”
Your sponsorship of the Silicon Valley Jazz Festival supports in part the many ongoing projects of the San Carlos Kiwanis Club that benefit youth, families and senior citizens throughout the Peninsula.
- Al Julian Games – Held at DeAnza College in Cupertino, an exhilarating annual day of track and field events that bring camaraderie, accomplishment and pride to children with special needs.
- Caring Cupboard – A continuing effort with other San Carlos service clubs to provide groceries and other needed items to senior citizens.
- College Scholarships – Annual presentation of numerous scholarships to local high-school seniors, recognizing leadership and achievement in academics and the arts.
- Youth Service Clubs – Sponsorship of Kiwanis “Key Clubs” at Mills High School in Millbrae and Carlmont High School in Belmont, teaching the value and satisfaction of community service to high-school students.
- Child Safety Day – Presented with the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Department, an annual event to promote safety, check car-seat installation and give away bike helmets, bike reflectors and skaters’ knee and elbow pads.
- Hug-a-Book: Weekly reading sessions and children’s book donations at San Carlos elementary schools, presented by San Carlos Kiwanis Club members.
- Autism Awareness – Increasing the public’s understanding of a condition that affects numerous children and adults in Silicon Valley.
- Second Harvest Food Bank – Regular volunteer efforts to help feed the hungry in San Mateo County.
- Relay for Life and Tour de Cure – Annual support for cancer and diabetes research, respectively.
- “Eliminate” project – Kiwanis International’s worldwide project to wipe out maternal neonatal tetanus, a disease that kills mothers and newborns in Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
- Holiday toy and food drives – Providing health and happiness during the holiday season.
- Youth activity sponsorships – Regular support of children’s sports teams, theatre groups and other endeavors that build skills, friendships, teamwork and leadership.
For DONATIONS over $200 visit SPONSORS.
To DONATE Online:
Please make checks payable to: San Carlos Kiwanis Foundation / Jazz
. . . . . . . . . . Mail to: P.O. Box 1103, San Carlos, CA 94070
(Your name or Company name will be listed unless you select ‘Anonymous Donor’)
All gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
IRS tax-deductible 501(c)3 registration number is available upon request.
Contact Scott Dailey, Chair, Silicon Valley Jazz Festival at 650-714-9578 or email@example.com.